Hello 5th Grade Families —
Our yearbook team has tirelessly worked on the 5th grade memory book! It is now time to purchase if you haven’t already.
If you have an account in TreeRing, please log in and click ‘Kid Yearbooks’ under ‘Waverly Elementary School’ on the top left hand side of your screen. From there, if you have more than one student at Waverly, you will go to the middle of your screen and select your fifth grader from the dropdown menu. On that page, you will see where you can 1) purchase your book, 2) add custom pages (the first one is FREE), 3) send and receive signatures from other students. *Please note that signatures from other students will only appear in your book if you place them there in your custom pages.
If you do NOT have an account with TreeRing, please create one. You will need to use the passcode for our school: 1013303767492604. Please follow the same instructions above to complete.
We are so excited to hold a car parade to celebrate the promotion of Waverly’s 5th graders to Middle School. The car parade will be held Monday, June 14 at 6:00pm. (Rain date- Tuesday, June 15)
Some important details/logistics about the parade:
1. We hope EVERY 5th grader will be able to attend!
2. The parade will begin promptly at 6:00pm. Please plan to arrive at school at 5:45pm so that everyone can park in a space so we can begin on time.
3. Please be sure to stay inside your car at all times. Social distancing is important!
4. When arriving at Waverly, fill the parking lot from the back (at the gym) to the front (bus loop, as necessary). Think Disney World or special event parking – fill all available spots near the gym first to ensure we get easily accommodate all cars in the lot. Park such that you don’t have to back up to proceed out of the school parking lot.
5. Just ONE car per family.
6. Feel free to have your car decorated as you like!
Details about the parade route:
1. The parade will proceed from the Waverly parking lot.
2. We will turn RIGHT onto Wetherburn as we leave Waverly.
3. We will proceed down Wetherburn and turn LEFT onto Petersboro Rd.
4. We will proceed down Petersboro and turn LEFT onto Dorchester Rd.
5. We will proceed briefly on Dorchester and turn LEFT onto Birmingham.
6. We will then turn LEFT onto Warwick Way and end the parade in the lot at the Waverly pool (adjacent to the Waverly Golf Club).
Important logistics for the end of the parade:
At the end of the parade route, in the Waverly pool parking lot, you can take down any car decorations (if necessary), get situated and drive back to the Waverly parking lot (or park on the street by Waverly).
Important logistics for parade viewers along the parade route:
We hope that residents of the Waverly neighborhood will stand street side and cheer the parade as it passes along. If you wish to view the parade from along the route, please be sure to find a spot where you are still socially distant from others. Please pass along to any family, friends, neighbors or anyone else who would be willing to cheer.
Important post-parade popsicles on the Waverly blacktop:
After the parade ends there will be popsicles on the blacktop until 7:30 for all 5th Graders. Parents MUST accompany their 5th Grader.